There are measurable benefits of in-service training and consistent professional development opportunities throughout the year. People take in new information a little at a time. While pre-service is a good time to provide staff with training, it is just a few days of the year. Consider instead of presenting a lot of information at once, creating multiple training opportunities for staff. Creating a multi-layered plan to provide training to staff throughout the year, will lay a foundation of learning that can be built upon – a little at a time. This allows for effective learning.
Having a comprehensive training plan for your staff is essential, but it’s not everything. The training must also be highly engaging so that learning occurs. We recommend utilizing a “learning by doing” training methodology. Make your training highly interactive so that the participants experience the information that is being presented. This results in high impact learning, in which the training participants take back the information that they learned and implement it immediately.
Our top ten most popular in-service training topics:
- Creating High Quality Classrooms with a CLASS-based approach.
- Implementing Science in the Classroom.
- Becoming Trauma Informed – Successfully Managing Difficult Behaviors.
- In the Door and on the Floor – Best practices for Home Visiting.
- How to Have Hard Conversations (with families or staff).
- Developing Significant and Supportive Relationships – CLASS-based Emotional Support Training.
- The “Well Oiled Machine” – CLASS-based Classroom Organization Training
- Promoting High Level Thinking – CLASS-based Instructional Support Training.
- Building Effective Family Partnerships Using a Strength-based Case Management Approach
- Early Learning Outcomes Framework – How to Naturally Integrate ELOF with Curriculum and Classroom Practices.
You can learn more about our full list of training topics and services at www.HSessentials.com.
Please call us at (704) 451-3255 or email us at KristineCortina@hsessentials.com to discuss your mid-year in-service training needs for the 2019-2020 school year.