As our Head Start programs begin to tackle the new school year, with ever changing guidelines for re-opening, we want to offer our support and assistance.
Many program management and staff, new and veteran, have very real concerns about the children and families they serve.
- What have our children experienced during the shutdown?
- How have our parents fared?
- Can they work?
- Have our kids experienced food insecurity?
- Have they been safe?
- What will we need to do and what might we be faced with as we re-open?
- How can I support my staff as children return to us?
All of Essential Elements’ trainings are now offered virtually. As Head Start professionals prepare to welcome children and families to a new school year that is not like anything any of us have previously experienced, we would like to help. We are offering virtual trainings that address the tough topics, effects of COVID 19 and the current race inequities, discussions in our communities, secondary trauma, and virtual support of families.
We are conducting virtual trainings for pre-service on most of our training topics, however, we would like to offer you additional support. Our trainers have been developing content that is relevant to current issues Head Start professional and the families they serve are experiencing.
Below are our most requested topics from programs searching for effective ways to support staff and families while addressing the very real impact and consequences the pandemic and racial tension brought to our programs across the country.
- Managing Your Stress: Self-Care Strategies for Difficult Times
- Working with Challenging Families During a Pandemic
- Becoming Trauma Informed and Recognizing Secondary Trauma
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Helping Children Feel Safe in Today’s Society-COVID 19 and Racism
- How to Have Hard Conversations with Staff
- How to Have Hard Conversations with Families
- Becoming Trauma Informed – Responsive Caregiving
- Moving from Helper to Partner
- Linking the Classroom to Home
For more information, contact us by email or give us a call.