The New Year is a great time to assess your program’s strengths and areas where there are opportunities for improvement. While it is a new calendar year, your Teaching staff, Policy Council, Governing Board, Family Service Workers, Management Staff and Support staff are halfway through the program year. This is the perfect time to take stock and “fine tune.”
If you have identified a need to strengthen family partnerships, assist teaching staff with challenging behaviors, create more effective transitions, increase Classroom Organization or Instructional Support scores, or strengthen your staff’s ability to interpret data to drive instruction, the second half of the program year is the perfect time for an in-service training. Implementing trainings to address identified areas for improvement as they are occurring is far more effective than waiting for the next year’s pre-service trainings.
Don’t wait, schedule your training while the year’s challenges are current and fresh in the minds of staff.
Our most requested in-service training topics amidst this year’s unique challenges are:
- How to Have Hard Conversations (with families or staff).
- Working with Challenging Families.
- Change Your Questions, Change Your Life.
- Self-Care and Team Building.
- The “Well Oiled” Machine” (CLASS™-based Classroom Organization training).
- Asking the Juicy Questions (CLASS™-based Instructional Support training).
- Building Successful Relationships with Families-(navigating making connections during a pandemic).
- Recognizing and Addressing Compassion Fatigue
- CLASS™ The Heart of Teaching