The answer is a definitive yes. And we can help with that.
Most of our clients have faced the challenges of re-openings in January following the winter break amidst another COVID variant, staffing shortages and classroom closures. Directors, Education Managers, Teaching staff and Support staff are having to wear many hats, making it challenging to complete the tasks outlined in their job duties.
If you and your staff are struggling with finding the time to complete internal CLASS™ observations, consider the benefits of external observations. Forgoing CLASS™ observations until staff are available to conduct observations can have a cumulative negative impact on CLASS™ scores. Without the data that comes from comprehensive CLASS™ observations, data driven decision making is impacted. Teaching staff can drift from best teaching practices and the goals set forth from previous observations and coaching.
We are currently conducting comprehensive CLASS™ observations, remotely. Programs can videotape 20-minute cycles of their classrooms and upload the videos to a secure drive, specific to your program. Our Certified CLASS™ observers with extensive live observation experience and consistent reliability using the CLASS™ tool, will then observe and score your videos. We will provide you with:
- A debrief with the Head Start Director (and your management team if you wish) to discuss the results of the observations.
- CLASS™ scores for each classroom observed.
- An Excel spreadsheet with scores from all classrooms and a comparison to the Head Start Grantee competitive threshold and quality threshold.
- A written summary of individual classrooms, highlighting strengths and recommendations for improvements that can be used by your staff for professional development.
- A list of program-wide issues that are causing lower CLASS™ scores, as well as recommendations to address and correct those issues.
We are also available to conduct live, in-person observations providing the above-mentioned data for those programs that are able to invite observers into their classrooms.
To learn more or schedule your CLASS™ observations, contact Kristine Cortina at (704) 451-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about our other services at www.HSEssentials.com.