CLASS observations are a critical piece of the puzzle in achieving success in Head Start. The data that comes from CLASS observations is invaluable… as long as the observations are conducted by objective observers and the CLASS tool is implemented with fidelity.
CLASS observations can provide you with a tremendous amount of data – data to prepare for a successful CLASS Review, data to improve teacher practices, data to make decisions about professional development as well as data to provide mentor coaching services, just to name a few.
We conduct comprehensive CLASS observations that include all of the following items:
- As outside observers, we have the objectivity needed to observe classrooms without the possibility of bias. We have English-speaking and bilingual (English/Spanish) observers.
- We will debrief with each teacher after the observation in order to give them some immediate feedback (strengths & opportunities for improvement).
- At Essential Elements, we offer the opportunity for your Education Coordinator or Mentor Coach to sit in on the debriefings that we do with teachers – for continuity purposes.
- We offer the opportunity for your Education Coordinator (or other CLASS-reliable staff person) to join us for dual coding on a couple of classrooms.
- We will debrief with you (and your Management team if you wish) to discuss the results of the observations.
- At Essential Elements, we will provide you with CLASS scores, a summary of each classroom observed and a list of program-wide issues that are causing lower CLASS scores as well as recommendations to address and correct those issues.
Are you looking for an outside observer to conduct your CLASS observations & provide you with valuable data? Give us a call at (704) 451-3255 or email us at email@example.com.